If you wish to make a gift of money or property to Wings of Hope Inc. during your life please contact our Treasurer via email or post who will acknowledge receipt and provide the necessary written confirmation of tax-deductibility.
If you wish to make a gift or bequest through your Will, you should tell your Solicitor to include the following paragraph in your Will: “I give and bequeath (insert amount of money or details of items) to Wings of Hope Incorporated for its general charitable purposes and I declare that the receipt of the society’s treasurer or other proper officer shall be a full and sufficient discharge for the said bequest.”
1. Red Chocolate Elephants (DVD and book), by Dr Diana Sands: Since 2009 WINGS of Hope has supported a very special project developed by Dr Diana Sands. Red Chocolate Elephants is an educational DVD and book resource for children and families bereaved by suicide. Drawing on Dr Sands' more than two decades experience in suicide postvention and group counselling work, the words and art of children who have lost their father to suicide are shared in this beautifully created resource. Donations enable this project to continue and further copies to be distributed to assist the bereaved community.
WINGS of Hope is currently aiming to place a copy of Red Chocolate Elephants DVD and book resource in as many schools and regional communities as possible.
2. The Bereaved by Suicide service project - Restoring the Heartbeat of Hope
This unique group program and counselling for those bereaved by suicide is run on Sydney’s lower North Shore.
Wings of Hope Incorporated sponsors this project.
t | Dr. Diana Sands 0414 721 653
e | email@example.com
3. WINGS of Hope website: Launched in 2009, the website was the first project completed by WINGS of Hope and aims to reduce isolation and risk amongst people bereaved by suicide. The website removes geographic barriers for bereaved people and creates a safe environment to access help and resources. This is an essential project and relies on local government grants and community donations.
The Remembrance Seat project
Balmoral Island is the location of the annual Remembrance Gathering for bereaved people who have lost a friend or loved one to suicide. This peaceful place will have a seat added near the tree that was planted in the 2010 inaugural Remembrance Gathering, providing a peaceful place of remembrance for us all. The fundraising target is $2000.
If there are any technical issues with your payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your purchase.
You are not alone in your loss.
- In 2006, Australian suicides accounted for nearly 1/5 of all deaths amongst young men aged 20 to 34.
- Suicide remains a major external cause of death, accounting for more deaths in Australia than transport accidents.
Australian Bureau of Statistics data.